I have sent a quick patch to Valve for that last update.
- FIXED Player color errors
- FIXED Weapons without viewmodels crashing
A few people are complaining that they’re missing textures in some maps with the new update. If you’re having these problems then make sure you have Counter-Strike:Source installed and make sure it’s being mounted into G(arrys)Mod. Try running CS:S. Check the console on startup for any errors. Try validaing CS:S and G(arrys)Mod.
Hey guys. So it took a long time for update 160 to come out.. and it came out this morning and there was a bunch of crap that went wrong.
Weapons were firing too fast, some people had a missing texture over their screen, crouching and jumping got you stuck in the ceiling and on some systems was insanely low.
So. Weapons firing too fast was fixed. This was a really really dumb oversight made by me – and not picked up by anyone (even though it had been on the SVN version for a month and a half.. blagh.). I rolled back the stuff that caused this until I can do it properly.
Missing texture was caused by having CS:GO or Portal 2 mounted. It was overriding the motion blur material using some stuff we don’t have in our version of the engine. So I included the material with GMod so it overrides everything.
Getting stuck in the ceiling was a bug in my crouch bug fix. Bugs on top of bugs. I think I fixed it.
The low FPS was caused by having LuaJIT enabled by default. Which is kind of funny because it’s meant to make it faster. My feeling is that this is down to one of two things. Either it’s a problem only on AMD CPUs.. which is why it never appeared in any of our tests here in the office.. or it’s something in Wiremod or some other addon that’s dynamically compiling code over and over. Either way we’re back to having LuaJIT disabled by default. If you want to benchmark you can enable jit again by running with the command line “-withjit”.
Hey guys – I sent an update to valve. There’s a lot of internal changes here that might bite us in the ass in many different ways. We’ve spent quite a bit of testing but still… cross your fingers!
Here’s the changes:
New balloon models
There’s a couple of new balloon models available by default now! Enjoy!
Player model updates
The HL2 citizen player models were drastically enhanced, and Odessa is now colourable. The player models will now transition between animation states more smoothly, sitting animations have been improved, idle sequences (standing still) are much more varied, and other various things that looked odd or didn’t work were fixed.
Fixed infinite loop when spawning entities
If your GMod was freezing up when trying to spawn some entities – you were getting the infinite loop bug. This is now fixed!
Fixed cheating with crouch
There was a bug with crouching where you could crouch, uncrouch and then crouch again while you were still uncrouching – and your view would stay in place. This was being exploited by people to shoot over boxes while being fully ducked behind them.
One for the coders.. coroutines should now work flawlessly! Now you just need to find a use for them!
Added Nextbot stuff
Another one for the coders. I exposed a lot of nextbot stuff. This means that we can code better AI. I’m not done with this yet but it should be safe enough to start using it.
Valve are switching all their games over to Steam Pipe. This affects us because we like to mount their games. Don’t worry though – I have updated the mounting stuff so it’ll mount games using SteamPipe now too! This includes games like CS:GO and Left 4 Dead!
Fixed Lua errors when saving
Some people were getting Lua errors when creating a save via the spawn menu. This should be fixed now – it was my fault! Sorry guys!
Fixed fastdl downloads
Server owners were having trouble with fastdl downloads. They didn’t download properly if they were compressed. This is also my fault – and should now be fixed!
Fixed duplicate props when loading a save
Sometimes when you loaded a save the props would get duplicated because it was restoring them first, then creating the saved version. This code was all a bit sticky. So I nuked the lot so it will delete all the props on the map and restore them from the save versions.
Lua performance fixes
I added a few small optimizations to improve the performance of Lua. A lot of the slowdown in Lua is when it has to call back to c. So I try to avoid that in a few common places. I make CurTime, RealTime and FrameTime all Lua functions – which don’t call into c in any way. The entity meta tables are also done in Lua now too.