A quick update to fix a bunch of stuff.
- Custom Clientside Lua is allowed to run if sv_cheats 1
- Custom Clientside Lua is allowed to run if sv_allowcslua 1
- Fixed Player:FlashlightIsOn returning a number
- Fixed Meshes not building correctly
- Removed file.ReadString (it’s the same as file.Read)
- Sound.Add can now pass a table of sound names as
- language.GetPhrase will now get phrases from the old system too
- Added useful errors on missing client entity types
- Fixed ghost entity not working (on duplicator etc)
- Fixed not being able to pick up effects (green circles)
- Fixed sql.Query errors
- Fixed gameevent.Listen not working and causing crashes
- Removed server_settings module (use cvars module instead)
- Fixed util.Base64Encode
- Fixed clientside includes mostly not working on gamemodes/addons
- Fixed DrawOverlay not being called
- Frag and RPG work in screen click mode
- Workshop addons should work offline (if fully downloaded etc)
So I know people are going to be scared by those first two convars. In GMod12, unless ScriptEnforcer is enabled you can run any script you want when connected to a server. This is great because of things like SmartSnap and custom HUDs that you want to use, right? Well, I’m not getting rid of that – that functionality is still available.
The problem is that the great majority of those things are kind of sandbox specific. So server operators can set sv_allowcslua to disable the client’s scripts running while on their server (it will only run scripts sent by the server).
The rest of the stuff in this patch is mainly fixes. There’s a couple of requests, but mainly fixes. Linux server should work now. Mac sound bug STILL exists. Thanks to everyone helping me out in the beta forum.